St. Joseph’s CBS PPU Committee 2016/7 (Key Issues from Oct, Nov & Dec 2016 Meetings)
Committee Members (contact through firstname.lastname@example.org):
Sean O’Connell (President), Paddy Walsh (Ex Officio), James Rogan (Hon Treasurer), David Rafferty (Hon Secretary), Conor O’Reilly (IT Officer)
- High level organisation of the annual school re-union / dinner and other events.
- Creating a central database of contacts. So far, we have approx. 1,200 partially complete records out of an estimated 5,000 going back to the late 1950s. A sub-committee has been set up to assess what is involved in sizing, funding and implementing this project.
Committee would benefit from a few more members and supporters – if you think you can help in any way, please contact any committee member or email: email@example.com.
School Re-union Dinner:
- Friday 24th February 2017, Clontarf Castle, Price €50 – to book please click here.
- Featured Anniversary Leaving Cert Classes are 1967 (50yr), 1992 (25yr) and 2007 (10yr).
- Year organisers for 1967 have started contacting former class mates (link here).
- Contact details for the 25 and 10 year guys are extremely sketchy – if you can help in any way, please contact any committee member.
- For photos from Annual Reunion Dinner in February 2016, click here.
The school has separate funds for Building, College Scholarship and Evening Tuition, from which students have benefited greatly over the years:
The balance available in the Building Fund stands at €57,716 (19th December 2016). The school has been granted Department of Education and Skills funding of €302,000 to build a Technology / Construction Studies room. The estimated cost of completing the technology room, extra classroom and two resource rooms (including relocation of science lab) is €460,000. This leaves €158,000 to be found from our own resources or a net shortfall of €100,284, when the balance available of €57,716 is taken into account.
This amount has to be raised through the voluntary efforts of the school community – students, parents, staff and past pupils. Any help you can provide would be most welcome.
In November 2016 the Technology / Construction Room project received approval from the Department to proceed to planning stage and this will begin early in 2017.
Evening Tuition / College Scholarship Funds:
The balance available in these 2 funds stands at approx. €4,500. The PPU Committee is considering how these funds can be kept going and would welcome any assistance in this regard.